Currently seeking: Executive Director and site coordinator
OUR VISION is to inspire and encourage individuals to achieve their God given purpose. OUR MISSION is to equip individuals with life and career skills through mentoring, education, and spiritual growth.
The Christian Job Corps (CJC) Executive Director reports to the CJC Board of Directors through the Chair of the Board.
Basic Function: To provide full-time and salaried, day-to-day coordination for all sites of the CJC of Madison County.
Conditions to Employment: This position requires a majority of time spent in person at the Huntsville site with regular office hours as determined by the board. Minimal travel is required.
- Play an active role in project and funding development through the Board of Directors and fundraising committees.
- Provide or arrange for the recruiting, orientation, training and evaluation of volunteers, participants, mentors, and teachers.
- Supervise the work of the staff.
- Maintain accurate records based on grant guidelines.
- Serve as a liaison with the local, state and national WMU office.
- Encourage and lead Recruitment Director and Site Coordinators in locating specific job opportunities and internships for students.
- Serve as a liaison with social service agencies, churches, medical community, and local colleges.
- Provide leadership in carrying out the policies and procedures set by the Board of Directors.
- Ensure the confidentiality of participant records.
- Plan activities for participants and volunteers which celebrate successes in the program.
- Network with agencies and groups providing similar services for cross referrals and be an active liaison with these organizations/groups.
- Pay bills and make deposits while maintaining accurate financial records.
- Submit a written annual report in December.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Basic Qualifications: Christian person, active in a local church with good interpersonal skills who understands and can communicate the purpose of CJC. Candidates should have a resume which indicates general experience in management, public speaking, fundraising, and educational activities.
- Bachelor’s degree (required) in a related discipline, i.e., social work, psychology, business management, education, etc.
- Completion of CJC certification training after being hired (required).
- Completion of supervision training (required).
- Willing to allow background check (required).
- Experience working with community volunteers.
- Excellent relational skills (including ease in relating to diverse education/socio-economic constituents), friendliness, encouragement, excitement about mission, and willingness to assist/serve the needs of others.
- Sensitivity and commitment to cultural diversity.
- Inspires a shared vision.
- Has an appropriate level of management with delegation skills.
- Demonstrates good team-building skills, communicates regularly with staff, and holds scheduled staff meetings.
- Seeks opportunities to change, grow and improve.
- Serves as an example to the community and staff by behaving in ways that are consistent with the goals and purposes of CJC.
- Fosters collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust.
- Strengthens people by sharing information and power.
- Displays empathy for the students and respect for volunteers and staff.
Site Coordinator (Part-Time)
The CJC Site Coordinator reports to the Executive Director.
Basic Function: Ensure our participants have a well-executed and transformative experience so they can gain the skills they need to launch their careers or take the next step in their journey.
Conditions to Employment: This position is crucial to the success of the program, so we are looking for someone with exceptional leadership qualities, who is highly dependable, and who enjoys working with people.
- Manage program logistics.
- Secure guest speakers
- Manage participant files and conduct accurate record keeping at your assigned site.
- Work directly and effectively with teachers, volunteers, and other CJC staff.
- Equip participants with a positive, relevant, informative experience they can use to enrich their lives and reach their individual goals.
- Support the Volunteer Coordinator and Recruitment Director in spreading awareness of volunteer opportunities, recruitment needs, and help with special events.
- Work with the Executive Director as needed to execute any special events or projects.
Basic Qualifications: Christian person, active in a local church with good interpersonal skills who understands and can communicate the purpose of CJC. Must have intermediate computer skills and exceptional time management, organizational, public speaking, and communication skills. Need to be innovative and have the ability to align program content to meet current community needs. Must be able to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
What to Expect as a Site Coordinator: We offer an upbeat and casual work environment that thrives off of teamwork. You will:
- Have access to professional development opportunities, national and local trainings, as well as networking opportunities. Hours are determined by site and class offerings.
- Complete national level CJC training.
- Make sure everyone knows when/where to arrive and what to expect through logistics coordination of meeting space, participants, and guest speakers.
- Have plenty of opportunity to showcase your communication skills and represent CJC to guests, visitors, and the community in this role.
- Be the person to get participants excited about being a part of the program and will often speak with others about our mission and how they can support us.
- Occasionally attend networking events, fundraisers, and work to build relationships with hiring managers with multiple local organizations.
Please email completed application and resume to email@example.com.